The Power of Non Formal Education
Training Course / 6-11 May 2014 / Italy
Apply now! Application deadline: 10 March 2014 at the followink link
Improving the impact of Non Formal Education (NFE), principles and methods in empowering young people as real actors of the society (from local to Europe).
Why this Training Course?
- To stimulate the participants to feel and reflect about the power of non-formal education (NFE) by experimenting different kind of non-formal educational methods.
- To analyze the role and reception of NFE in our different countries within a common Europe.
- To discover and debate the European strategy of NFE.
- To fight against the growing consuming approaches towards young people in the non-formal education field.
- To explore meanings, roles and complementarities of different educational approaches and methods (formal, non-formal, informal).
- To reconsider daily youth work practices.
- To understand the principles of program building and NFE within Erasmus+.
How it will be done?
In order to have real impacts, the participants experience an innovative approach, using a full immersion in the experiential learning cycle: doing/ feeling, reflecting, transferring...
To have profound impact, we need to go further than classical running of training courses. The participants are encouraged to really build their own training and learning process. We consider that this is the condition to understand the real power of NFE.
The pedagogical process
A fundamental flow during the training is based upon:
- Experiencing: different educational settings, different non formal education methods (role play, simulation game, exercise...)
- Reflecting: on the methods and its impacts, on the power and limits of NFE, on building a pedagogical process...
- Transferring: to the own reality of participants, in order to improve ways of working with young people
- Sharing: different perceptions, current situations and experiences.
- Developing: the building capacity of the participants, by including them in the decision process of the project designing (participants will decide some sessions they feel they need to have) but also in the implementation of the program (power to people moments).
The program lasts for five full days with arrival day on 6th of May and departure day on 11st of May.
The program of the training course is available below in the Downloads section. In the same section there is available the Participants' Information Pack.
Participants should be at least 18 years old and should have a good level of English.
This Training Course is for 30 participants from YOUTH IN ACTION PROGRAMME COUNTRIES and recommended for Youth workers, Trainers, Youth leaders, Project managers, Youth Policy Makers
Working language(s): English
Organizer: Agenzia Nazionale per i Giovani (National Agency)
Contact for questions: Anna Villani, Fabiana Di Carlo